
The building for the Military Assembly was constructed in 1885, and its overall appearance has been preserved to this day. At that time, it served as a club for officers stationed in Tashkent. The building housed the largest auditorium of its time, where amateur performances were staged and touring theaters performed.
A beautiful garden was
laid out nearby, extending to the bank of the Chauli River.
During the Soviet years,
the building housed the Red Army House, and from 1945, it was renamed the
District Officers’ House (ODO). After gaining independence, the building was
transferred to the Central Officers’ House of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic
of Uzbekistan.
In 2013, the Tashkent
State Law University was established in the building. However, Tashkent
residents, out of habit, still refer to both the place and the building itself
as “ODO.”
The remnants of the old
park with large trees and a sculpture of a mountain goat on a stone hill have
survived to the present day.

The total length of the street is 2.1 kilometers. All modern conditions have been created here for...

The first three-story building in Tashkent was constructed in 1914 based on the design of G. M. Sv...

In the north-west of the city lies Tashkent’s largest architectural complex — the university campu...

The beautiful building of the Mukimi Uzbek State Musical Theater on Beshagach Square is familiar to...