
An unusual cylindrical building for Tashkent, constructed in 1988, visually "holds" the intersection of Yakub Kolos and Amir Temur streets.
The architects of the
12-story tower are S. Paramoshkina, G. Alexandrovich, and E. Momotov; the
engineers are A. Kan and Yu. Kalinin.
The top of the building is
decorated with crenellated shields and somewhat resembles medieval towers.
The building is faced with
yellow tiles and therefore received the popular nickname "kukuruzina"
(corn cob).
The building was
constructed for the computing center of the Railway Administration, but
computing equipment became dozens of times more compact over a couple of decades,
so other departments of the Railway Administration are also housed in the
building.

In the spring of 2011, the Navoi Fair was demolished, and construction of eight seven-story reside...

One of the country’s main concert and ceremonial halls, the “Friendship of Peoples” Palace was ope...

The Central Telegraph building is one of the most beautiful in Tashkent. It is part of the “Stalin-...
The Seamstresses’ Palace of Culture from the “Red Dawn” sewing factory was built in 1936 according ...