
The mosque was built in the 15th
century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Samarkand Darvaza
Street. According to other sources, the mosque contains a hair of the
Naqshbandi saint Ikkash or Akkosh (Ukkosh).
There was once a water source there,
a spring visited by numerous pilgrims.
During Soviet times, the mosque stood dilapidated. It was reconstructed after independence, but almost nothing remains of its former appearance. It is separated from the new road by nine-story buildings.
Photo by Tashkent Retrospective

The first three-story building in Tashkent was constructed in 1914 based on the design of G. M. Sv...
All Tashkent residents notice the French Embassy building located at the corner of Yahyo Gulomov an...

The Abulkasim Madrasah (named after Sheikh Abulkasimkhan Ishana) is located between two modern build...

In January 2025, one of Tashkent’s symbols — our TV tower — turned 40 years old. Originally design...